Scaleway Filezilla Mac OS X Login Problem Solved
SSH Keys Overview
Create the RSA Key Pair
On OSX and Linux
- Open a terminal
- Generate a new Key typing the following command ssh-keygen -o
- Give a name to your Key Enter file in which to save the key (/Users/me/.ssh/id_rsa): otherwise, the default name will be id_rsa
- Set a passphrase Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase): this step is not mandatory but highly recommended
- You should now have two files for your Key (a public key that we will copy on your instances, and a private key that you must keep secret), in our example the two files are located in the /Users/me/.ssh/ directory
The public Key is named id_rsa.pub The private Key is named id_rsa
The entire key generation looks like this
ssh-keygen -o Generating public/private rsa key pair. Enter filewhich to save the key /Users/me/.ssh/id_rsa : Enter passphrase empty no passphrase : Enter same passphrase again: Your identification has been saved /Users/me/.ssh/id_rsa. Your public key has been saved /Users/me/.ssh/id_rsa.pub. The key fingerprint is: 12:93:cc:c1:5b:76:4f:b6:b9:b4:65:b0:33:8b:f1:59 me@localhost ...
Copy your public key content which is required for step 2
cat /Users/me/.ssh/id_rsa.pub ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQD3TsFepMvwNBIjsr3Zr85mj/Aho/tk3220ryzVxgxR44EWz9xe8YhUt0Tg08e4pHns8DV6UnGwDeGLtxNwSFZlh1Zox3jACHL2dId04NAjLno1MsddByudPB7UpRu+nUjN7b8/rIAjXNu4k7H+E1QEz8P7giPiql2YMxURO9TV0tbl4M9hNG0/S6ka/naF8pIUnz7Um1nHGiBsMh9IyJAMhdWJ1nN3p1dnG3ixvyf1Mb8+7sbHjRgdUA3L8/HTBOCp+twB9uG+GfFEdheyHcnbxdtkByLzx2GbEnLNZZ99pF9i/cdpcaWCpnnqf/6TNVpFyCWhSfBq8+4OKUHt5vDB
Reboot scaleway server.
- Open Filezilla
- Open Site Manager
- Site Manager:
- Protocol : SFTP
- Host : Scaleway IP Address
- Logon Type : Key File
- User : root
- Key File : /Users/me/.ssh/id_rsa (not .pub)
- Is .ssh folder is hide shift+command+dot key press is visible.
- Filezilla Warning "Convert key file" window, click Yes button
- The file '/Users/me/.ssh/id_rsa' is not in a format supported by FileZilla. Would you like to convert it into a supported format?
- Click Yes button. After save as file name.
- Finish "Site Manager" Connect button.
Then see the files on the server.